Laughing with a friend!

The summer is slowly,very slowly,coming to an end here in our part of the world. The heat has been almost unbearable this past week and we and sixteen of our neighbors had to deal with the loss of power on one of the hottest days of the year! Electricity was finally restored at about two in the morning,but oh the misery until that came about. 
I did have the pleasure of a dear friend coming out to visit me this week. He and I have been friends for close to thirty years,long before we met our spouses we were friends. We were each others "plus one" for parties and weddings,he helped me thru the loss of my beloved grandmother,and I helped him thru his depression,and  always,we made each other laugh.
We as usual had a blast,we went out for crepes,browsed in some shops,and then picked up some Starbucks drinks and sat in a grassy knoll,(he still smokes), and talked and talked. All of a sudden I heard a swishing sort of a noise and I jumped up and ran for the pavement while my friend looked at me like I was insane. He soon realized as I had that the sprinklers were popping up and he was sitting right on top of one! OMG,I was laughing so hard that I nearly fell over from it. Luckily for him it was once again a hot day and he dried quickly.

Comments

Popular Posts